Chicken Salad with CBD Lemon Dressing
This delicious chicken salad features a light, citrus-based dressing that's infused with CBD oil. It's perfect for a refreshing lunch or dinner that will fill you with energy, but will not weigh you down. If you don't have time to grill or fry the chicken, you can substitute with rotisserie chicken from your grocer's deli.
Chicken salad with CBD lemon dressing
Suggested serving: 200g
Recipe time: 40 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced
- 15g olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 15g Dijon mustard
- 1.5 lemons
- 6-8 drops of a 4% CBD oil (about 15mg)
- 50g mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- your choice of salad vegetables
- stove top
- frying pan
- paper towels
- salad bowl
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- large spoon for mixing
1. Rub the chicken with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Set the stove burner to medium high, place the frying pan on the burner and allow it to heat up. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Turn frequently to ensure it cooks evenly.
3. Remove the chicken when done and place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil as the meat cools.
4. Zest the lemons and squeeze out about 30ml of juice.
5. Chop the garlic cloves.
6. Mix the chopped garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
7. Once mixed, add the CBD oil. Stir well until all of the oil is completely absorbed.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Slice or chop an assortment of salad vegetables, top with the chicken and drizzle with the salad dressing.
Adjust the amount of CBD oil based on your personal dosage
This CBD-infused chicken recipe calls for a standard 15mg dose of 4% CBD oil, but you may need less or more depending on your daily dosage and whether you're taking your supplements in other forms in addition to edibles. Adjust accordingly.
However, if the amount of oil you need makes the salad dressing too oily, you can substitute CBD oil for the olive oil when you rub the chicken. If you do so, allow the chicken to marinate in the oil for at least an hour, so it has time to absorb.
If you're not sure how much CBD oil to use or you'd like more information about proper dosing, please read our "CBD: Dosage: Understanding the Basics" article.
This CBD chicken salad makes a nutritious meal as is, but it can easily be modified to suit your needs. Add avocado slices for texture and healthy fats. Try sliced cucumber or radishes for crunch. Sprinkle with sriracha for extra heat. Toss in blueberries or strawberries for sweetness. Or put your salad on a bed of quinoa for more energy and plant-based protein. This is a versatile way to take your CBD oil that never has to get boring.